ROCK-FIT Personal Training Studio, Columbus Ohio
6 and 12-week Program or
Individual 1-on-1 Sessions
Motivation and Accountability
Specialty Group Fitness Classes
12 Week Comprehensive Fitness Program
Before: 198 pounds, 38 inch waist, 39% body fat
After: 167 pounds, 29 inch waist, 10% body fat
Rock-Fit is Columubs, Ohio's newest comprehensive 12-week program designed to get a person to their fitness goals using a proven method. Success is in the details, and results happen 1 day at a time.
We cover every aspect required to reach and maintain your goals. Maintaining results usually requires a shift in one’s self-image. If we constantly think of ourselves in a negative light, we will struggle to maintain the new freedom that will be acquired through this very successful program.
We use positive, motivating, and highly accountable training sessions to help you shift out of your negative Self-defeating, self-limiting mindset and give you the tools, and the motivation you need to reach your goals!
BOXING FITNESS TRAINING
Boxing Fitness is one of the hottest fitness trends today, thanks to Million Dollar Baby, The Contender, Ultimate Fighting Championship, Cinderella Man, AND of course, The Rocky franchise, and is the highest interest in professional boxing since the days of Ali and Frazier.
Boxing Fitness focuses on fitness first and boxing second. It uses sound boxing techniques (not the kind of “fake” boxing and martial arts that you see on some video programs) that get people in the best physical and mental shape of their lives.
A typical Boxing Fitness workout meets all of the criteria of an ideal fitness program:
- Outstanding cross-training for any sport that relies on “core strength” (e.g. golf, tennis, baseball, football, basketball, martial arts, and more).
- Both an aerobic and anaerobic conditioning component.
- Strength training.
- Variety and fun.
- Easy to learn.
- Low risk of injury (because the focus is on boxing technique, not actual fighting).
- Helps burn calories and take off fat.
- Addresses the biggest problem areas most people have (abdominals, butt, hips, and thighs – the “core”).
- Gets proven results
Participants rave about Boxing Fitness, because workouts are always different, always fun, and get results. Plus, people learn to “fight without the fight.”
Boxing Fitness is all about moving from the beginning of a round to the end of the round. In boxing, you move from the starting bell until the ending bell. There are no time outs during a round. There is constant movement. That’s one of the great things about the Boxing Fitness workout.
Most Boxing Fitness rounds are two minutes, with a 45 second rest. More advanced participants can work up to 3 minute rounds with a 45-60 second rest. In between rounds, you focus on breathing while the heart rate decreases.
A Boxing Fitness workout typically has these four phases:
- Warm-up. Typically the workout begins with 3 or 4 rounds of jumping rope. Alternatives include: jogging, treadmill, stationary bicycle, or other cardio equipment. Stretching should also be part of a good warm-up.
- Technique. For 2 to 3 rounds, you work to improve stance, punches, footwork, and combinations. This can be done using focus mitts, on a bag, or by “shadow boxing” in front of a mirror.
- Focus Mitts and Punch Drills. For most people, the most enjoyable part of Boxing Fitness is working on punching. During this part of the workout, you work through a series of offensive and defensive routines. During this time, you continue to work in 2-minute rounds, with a 45 second rest in between. There are a wide variety of punch drills that anyone can do in front of a mirror, on a bag, or with a partner.
Each round, you add one or two new things to the routine. For instance, you might start with jabs the first round. Then you introduce the right hand to the second round, and mix up some combinations. The third round you might add some ducking. And so on.
There is no limit to the variety you can introduce during Punch Drill training.
- Wrap up. The final 10 or 15 minutes of a workout can be the most challenging. You have a number of options, depending on your goals: stretching, abdominal/core work, arm strengthening, sprints, endurance training, and/or lunges.
ONLINE PERSONAL TRAINING
Need a Personal Trainer but can't afford the cost.
Need a Trainer but can't commute, or don't belong to a GYM?
I have the solution:
My online Personal Training package is perfect for you.
What you get: 3, 60 minute Personally designed workouts per week, Nutritional Plan established, access to exercise library, workout and food journals, Guidelines on taking measurements, accountability and motivation, unlimited access to your trainer and all the encouragement you need.
Cost: 200$ per month, no long term commitments.
Contact us for me details.